Look Lane Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller is Look Lane Limited of 16 Prospect Avenue, Bristol, BS15 1NE
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Debra Wainhouse, Director.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- We may collect, keep a record of and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided when you complete our online and enquiry forms.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- We use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to learn about our website visitors, and possibly target future advertising. All data is anonymised and we do not match it to usernames, email addresses or other personally identifying information. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics tracking by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Your data will be saved to process any orders you place.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Look Lane Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology via Paypal. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, object to, or restrict the processing of your data or request a copy of the data we hold about you or erasure of that data, you may contact us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
- In your request please make clear what data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your data suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information. For your protection, we may only implement requests in respect of the data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and our records, which will not be removed.
- If you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Officer, at ico.org.uk/concerns/.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long do we hold personal data for?
- We will retain your data for as long as is permitted in light of the purposes for which it was collected.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.